The Professional Leadership Development courses are organized around a series of modules
or components primarily for behavioral competency development, and are designed to
serve as a “Bridge to Business.” This Leadership program consists of a series of
planned activities which stress confidence-building, oral and written communication,
goal-setting, results orientation and time management. This program is facilitated
through team activities in “company” and “club” settings. A continuous array of challenging
projects and functions is carried out through the companies and clubs. Students in
the Professional MBA Program are required to take nine (9) semesters of PLD courses
to fulfill their requirements for graduation. The first course is intended for 1st year business students and is designed to encourage future professionals to continuously enhance their communication
skills, business sophistication and other aspects of behavioral competence throughout
their careers. The final courses are designed to train students to be leaders. The
students are assessed on their leadership skills in these courses. The program has
proved to be an effective way of helping students understand and function in the business
Expected Outcomes: After completing these courses, the students should demonstrate:
- Ethical Understanding and Reasoning Skills – the ability to identify and evaluate
ethical issues and develop a framework for making appropriate decisions across organizational
- Leadership Skills – the ability to influence the activities of an individual or a
group in efforts toward goal achievement.
- Critical Thinking/Analytical Reasoning Skills – the ability to identify, isolate and
find relationships among concepts or problems and to draw sound inferences from multiple
- Content/Discipline Knowledge and Skills – the ability to demonstrate discipline- specific
knowledge and business sophistication and apply the in-dept content knowledge they
have acquired to real business situations.
- Communication Skills – the ability to influence and inform others through the effective
presentation of ideas utilizing oral, written and graphic expressions.
- Multicultural and Diversity Understanding – the ability to understand the importance
of multicultural and diversity issues in business decisions.