SBI Mission & Vision Statements
The Mission of the School of Business and Industry (SBI) at Florida A&M University
is to produce graduates capable of excelling as future leaders in global business,
industry and commerce by:
- Providing innovative academic, professional development and internship experiences
in an enlightened, ethical and stimulating student-centered learning environment.
- Developing, supporting and creating opportunities for a diverse qualified faculty
and staff committed to “excellence with caring” through high-quality teaching, relevant
intellectual contributions and meaningful service.
- Creating an environment in which shared governance, collegiality, openness, respect
for others, and individual and mutual responsibility and accountability flourish.
- Embracing the University’s historic mission of educating African Americans while recruiting
students of all races and ethnic origins who have strong academic backgrounds and
are committed to the pursuit of excellence.
- Developing new—and expanding existing—creative partnerships with alumni, along with
private and public stakeholders to maintain the relevance and currency of our academic
- Promoting an environment of continuous improvement by acquiring and developing the
necessary human, physical, financial and technological resources to maintain our competitive
The School of Business & Industry aspires to be recognized nationally and internationally
as a preeminent center of excellence in business.
SBI Values Statement
We value a work and learning environment that is based on professionalism, responsibility,
accountability, respect, trust, pride, ethics, integrity, caring, excellence, knowledge,
research and service.